This pilot project aims to engage with young Europeans by creating curated online spaces that gather thought-provoking content around themes and topics that are discussed at EU level. These spaces should allow them to compare perspectives from across Europe and empower them to discuss and discover how their interests link to interests of youngsters in other countries, and to relevant EU initiatives. Proposals should foresee selection and production of new content, to inform and engage young audiences across Europe in an open and constructive debate about recent and future life in Europe.
Proposals should result in the following outcomes:
- Increased availability of online information, in different languages, around European topics that affect young people across the EU, presented in engaging formats through multiple viewpoints.
- Daily, thought-provoking content around current affairs, through innovative cross-border editorial processes.
- Greater awareness about European decision-making processes.
- Innovative and engaging discussions and events that help young Europeans exchange views and discover ways to get involved in pan-European projects.
The call is open to a consortium of at least five different entities, each of which may have affiliated entities. The European Commission expects applicants to gather at least five different media organisations from at least five EU Member States. The consortium should propose a professional editorial team with members from at least five EU Member States.
The consortium may include:
- Media organisations.
- Non-profit organisations (including youth organisations).
Only applications from legal entities established in the EU Member States and the UK are eligible.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at €2.5 million. The maximum rate of co-financing is 70% of eligible costs. Applicants may propose a lower co-funding rate. The Commission expects to fund up to two proposals.
Proposals must be submitted by 22 July 2020 (Midnight CET/CEST).
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.