Grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 are being offered to support local housing projects that help the most vulnerable by preventing people from losing their homes, helping people in to a home and supporting people to thrive within the home environment.
Grants can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Core costs, including running and facility costs, office equipment, supplies, any travel and accommodation, printing.
- Staff costs for the lead partner - including budget for staffing, full-time staff, external consultants, capacity building/training and other related expenses, eg, translation.
- Development and capacity building costs - budget to help build capacity and sustainability of organisation e.g. staff/volunteer training, external consultancy fees.
- Volunteer expenses, including reimbursements of expenses to volunteers, eg telephone calls, travel and meals.
- Activity costs, including resources to facilitate a project/activity that fall outside capital, volunteer or staffing costs eg catering, insurance.
- Small-scale capital costs, including small-scale set up costs and one-off expenses for equipment or fixed assets that may have use or benefit beyond the life of the grant/one financial year, such as computer hardware. This can also include perishable capital, items that are required for the delivery of a project, such as paint, paintbrushes and gardening equipment.
- Building works and refurbishment costs will be considered where they are essential to the successful delivery of the project.
UK registered charities, Community Land Trusts and housing co-operatives can apply. Consortia and partnership are encouraged to apply.
Applications for this summer round will only be accepted from groups in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, West of England, North West, North Midlands and the North East of England.
A second round will open in October 2019 for the South of England.
The deadline for this round is 5 July 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.