The role of digital technologies for the cultural and creative sector is at the heart of the European Commission’s #Digital4Culture strategy. This Creative Europe action will implement project(s) at the crossroads between different cultural and creative sectors.
Support will be given to projects:
- Featuring new forms of creation at the cross roads between different cultural and creative sectors, including the audiovisual sector, and through the use of innovative technologies, including virtual reality.
- Fostering innovative cross sectoral approaches and tools to facilitate access, distribution, promotion and/or monetisation of culture and creativity, including cultural heritage.
The proposal must be submitted by a consortium composed of at least three legal entities coming from three different countries participating in the Creative Europe Programme and presenting a diverse range of expertise across several cultural and creative sectors, including audiovisual. All the members of the consortium must be established in a country participating in the Creative Europe Programme.
Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants:
- Non-profit organisation (private or public).
- Public authorities (national, regional, local).
- International organisations.
- Educational institutions.
- Research centres.
- Profit-making entities.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at €1.75 million. The minimum grant will be €150,000, representing maximum 60% of the total eligible cost of the project. The period of eligibility of costs will start on 1 January 2020 and will end on 30 June 2021 (18 months).
The Agency expects to fund between six and 10 projects.
The deadline for applications is 20 June 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.