The aims of the Cohesive Communities Fund include championing projects and individuals not usually part of Community Land Trusts (CLTs) and supporting them to broaden their outreach in turn and promoting best practice within community development - highlighting the journeys CLTs are taking to ensure their projects truly reflect and project the thoughts and voices of the community it is representing.
Grant funding is available for technical support, capacity building and residential training events.
- be based in England or Wales
- be incorporated (or be working towards incorporation) in a form which meets the statutory definition of a CLT as contained in the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008
- be working towards a scheme which prioritises the delivery of permanently affordable housing
- be proposing to develop a site in an urban area (defined by the Office of National Statistics as a settlement with over 10,000 inhabitants)
- be a Member of the National CLT Network.
The programme is for those eager to engage local people in order to increase the number of active members in their group, consequently moving their CLT forward. Applications are particularly encouraged from women, BAME, disabled and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Groups will be able to apply for a grant of up to £15,000 to increase capacity and outreach. Additional grant funding is available for technical support up to a total value of £5,800.
The training package includes:
- Technical support: applicants will get 10 days of support from an expert in the field. They will be able to provide advice and guidance to move the CLT forward.
- Residential events: successful applicants will be a part of an all-expenses-paid residential to receive training on everything from lobbying and community organising to housing and land policy.
- Sector ambassadors: successful groups will receive spokesperson training for selected people who will then be presented with opportunities to speak at events and conferences across England and Wales.
The deadline for applications is 14 August 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.