Wales’ Millennium Stadium Charitable Trust Invites Applications for Community Project Funding
A grants programme supporting community organisations with a remit to cover a region or local authority area of Wales is accepting applications.
Funding is available for community organisations in Wales to support projects and activities in the areas of sport, the arts, the community and the environment.
The Millennium Stadium Charitable Trust was established through an agreement between the Millennium Stadium plc and the Millennium Commission when the Stadium was built. The Trust is an all-Wales organisation and regardless of the public event taking place at the Stadium, all funds distributed by the Trust are allocated to make a difference to people in Wales.
The Trust is inviting applications to Round 40 of its funding programme. The following types of organisations are eligible to apply:
- Charitable organisations.
- Properly constituted voluntary organisations.
- Not-for-profit organisations.
- Voluntary groups working with local authorities (applicants cannot be the local authority).
- Groups of any age.
Funding is issued according to the geographical area that an organisation has a remit to cover. The Trust has classified the categories as follows:
- Local organisations: Awards of up to £2,500 are available for organisations with a remit to serve their local community or town.
- Regional organisations: Awards of up to £7,500 are available for organisations with a remit to cover a region or local authority-wide area of Wales, ie Powys or North East Wales.
Priority is given to organisations serving groups and communities suffering from the greatest disadvantage.
The deadline for Round 40 applications is 15 September 2023.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)