Smarter Choices Smarter Places Fund Reopens for Applications in 2023 (Scotland)
Public and third-sector organisations in Scotland can apply for funding to support projects and activities to encourage people to change their everyday travel behaviours and promote more sustainable travel options.
Paths for All is offering grants of between £5,000 and £100,000 for public and third-sector organisations across Scotland to encourage people to travel more sustainably, which includes:
- Encouraging people to walk or cycle as part of their everyday short journeys.
- Encouraging people to use other sustainable travel choices for longer journeys (such as buses or community cars).
- Encouraging organisations to adopt home-working practices.
The Smarter Choices, Smarter Places Open Fund will support projects that achieve the following outcomes:
- More people choose not to travel for everyday journeys.
- More people choose to walk or cycle for short local journeys.
- More people choose sustainable transport options for longer journeys.
- People develop more positive attitudes towards sustainable transport choices.
- People’s knowledge about sustainable transport choices increases.
- There is an increased evidence base to support sustainable transport interventions.
Funding can be used to support revenue costs for a project, such as staff costs, activities, events, and resources.
There is a two-stage application process. Applicants must first register on Paths for All’s online grants management system and submit an Expression of Interest before being invited to submit a full application.
Applications can be submitted at any time.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)