Small Grants Available to Support Refugees in England
Funding to assist refugees with all aspects of settling and integrating in their new communities.
Church Urban Fund, in partnership with Benefact Trust, is offering funding intended to aid refugees by:
- Providing items to cover basic needs.
- Helping with settlement into life in England.
- Providing safe spaces and networks of support.
Grants of £500 to £5,000 are on offer to Christian churches and registered Christian charities operating in England.
The funds should be used for specific projects or activities such as:
- Personal items such as clothing, mobile phones, bicycles, baby items.
- Expenses for volunteers or facilities.
- Integration and settling activities.
- Language support.
- Home items.
The primary focus is on Ukrainian refugees, though work supporting Afghan refugees will also be considered.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until 9 December 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)