ShooSmiths Foundation Invites UK Charities to Apply for 2022 Funding
Funding for UK charities undertaking work in the UK that relates to social mobility.
Launched in June 2021, the Shoosmiths Foundation is a grant making body working to help address societal issues, to empower sustainable change and to improve the lives of the people and the environment in the UK.
The annual funding is intended for charitable work which addresses the ShooSmiths Foundation’s funding priorities, which are to:
- Advance social mobility in the legal sector, and across the UK, in line with the Shoosmiths social mobility action plan. Particular focus on charitable organisations which share the Foundation’s belief that ‘talent can come from anywhere’, and which align their interventions with local socio-economic analysis and need.
- Advance a carbon net zero UK.
- Advance access to justice in the UK.
Grants of between £25,000 and £50,000 are available.
To be eligible for funding in 2022, projects must:
- Relate to the social mobility aim of the Shoosmiths Foundation.
- Be linked to a Shoosmiths location and relate to areas with lower social mobility prospects. Some examples include the English indices of deprivation, the long shadow of deprivation, state of the nation 2021: social mobility and the pandemic and Scottish index of multiple deprivation 2020.
- Help people into local employment, or
- Aim to address specific underrepresentation, for example, that directly make a link between socio-economic background/social mobility prospects, and another factor such as:
- Characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010
- Ex-military personnel
- People with convictions
- People experiencing homelessness
- Long-term unemployed
The deadline for applications is 24 June 2022 (5pm).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)