Ofgem Strategic Innovation Fund Round 3: Discovery Competitions
Closing Date: 22/11/2023
Grants are available to help deliver net zero at the lowest cost to consumers and support innovative businesses to grow and scale in the UK.
These competitions are funded by the Ofgem Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF), which aims to deliver net zero at lowest cost to consumers and support innovative businesses to grow and scale.
Discovery is the first phase of a three phase competition:
There are four challenge competitions in Alpha Phase:
- Whole system planning for faster asset rollout
- Novel approaches to deliver a secure power system
- Unlocking system flexibility to electrify heat
- Enabling power-to-gas to provide system optimisation
The Round 3 challenges aim to achieve the Strategic Innovation Fund’s two main visions:
- To deliver net zero at the lowest cost to the consumer.
- To place the UK as the ‘Silicon Valley’ of energy system innovation.
Successful applicants from the Discovery Phase will be invited to apply for the Alpha Phase.