NLCF Offering New Grants to Strengthen Community Connections (UK)
Funding for projects which create better-connected communities across the UK.
A brand new funding programme, the UK Fund marks one of the first significant commitments from the National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF)’s new strategy, ‘It starts with community’.
The grants are intended to develop and expand community links by:
- Strengthening relationships between people whose experiences of life have not been the same. For example, relationships between people of different ethnic backgrounds, generations, occupations or geographies.
- Creating connections between online and offline worlds.
- Helping to make sure people from all backgrounds can shape the future of their communities.
Funding of £500,000 to £5 million will be available for projects that can demonstrate that they:
- Will benefit communities across the UK (or have the potential to) – this could be by sharing learning, influencing, collaborating, convening or delivering activity across and between UK countries.
- Scale their impact – this might be by expanding into new locations, developing infrastructure, strengthening delivery or increasing reach.
- Focus on equity – the funders are looking for projects that involve and benefit places, people and communities who experience poverty, disadvantage and discrimination.
- Have a positive impact on the natural environment.
- Share learning openly.
It is expected most awards will be for two to five years, though up to ten years may be considered.
Constituted voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations, local authorities and partnerships can apply for this fund.
Before applying, groups must first register for and attend and information webinar. These will be held twice-weekly from 17 July 2023.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis from 4 August 2023.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)