A £175,000 funding programme is open for applications.
Funding is available for community groups, businesses and statutory bodies in Northern Ireland to purchase equipment for projects to reduce marine litter.
Applications will be accepted from any organisation in Northern Ireland with responsibilities for managing free to access public open space, including:
- Youth, community and volunteer groups (whether constituted or not)
- Registered charities and NGOs
- Sports clubs, tenants and residents associations and religious groups
- Third level education organisations and schools
- Local councils
Collaborative applications between two or more of the above categories are welcomed.
The following levels of funding are available:
- Constituted groups, businesses and statutory bodies – grants of between £500 and £40,000
- Non-constituted groups – grants of between £500 and £5,000
Council and business applicants must provide 50% match funding for their project.
The deadline for applications is 27 September 2021 (11:00 BST).