New Unrestricted Grants from Co-op Foundation
Funding for organisations helping to build strong and inclusive communities and engaging meaningfully with young people across the UK.
As part of its ‘Building Communities of the Future Together’ Strategy 2022-27, Co-op Foundation is preparing to launch the Future Communities Fund to support charitable organisations building communities that:
- Are diverse, equitable and inclusive.
- Prioritise youth activism, shared power and transparent governance.
Unrestricted grants of up to £30,000 per year for up to five years will be available to groups with an annual turnover of less than £250,000, providing they can demonstrate:
- Young people’s voices from all backgrounds and abilities at the core of their delivery.
- Advocacy for diversity and inclusion in all areas of society.
- Active engagement with young people from diverse communities in a meaningful and inclusive way.
- Experience of removing barriers and providing opportunities to young people.
- Experience of delivering meaningful youth social action that supports young people into leadership roles.
- Experience of co-operation/collaboration.
Speaking on the announcement, Louise Snelders, Head of Funding and Partnerships, said:
“As a funder, we want to empower those with the knowledge and skills to create future, fairer communities. Through sharing power and funding flexibly, we hope to make a real impact on their local communities.”
Groups are invited to sign up for an information webinar from 10am on 23 November 2022 to hear more about the application process.
The scheme will open on 25 November 2022 and close at midday on 23 December 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)