National Lottery Community Fund Launch Cost of Living Support Scotland Fund
Voluntary and community organisations across Scotland can apply for funding to support vulnerable individuals, families, and those disproportionately affected by the cost of living crisis.
The National Lottery Community Fund is offering grants of between £10,001 and £75,000 for voluntary and community organisations across Scotland to support individuals, families, and communities currently experiencing hardship due to the cost of living crisis.
The Cost of Living Support Scotland Fund aims to prevent and reduce the impact of financial security by enabling groups to deliver new or improve existing projects and activities that:
- Support individuals, families, and/or communities currently experiencing hardship because of cost-of-living increases.
- Increase access to services and support for people facing financial hardship.
Groups must demonstrate that their proposed activities are:
- People-led: Meaningfully involving the people the organisation is working within the development, design, and delivery of activities.
- Strength-based: Making the most of, and building on, the skills and experiences of people and assets within communities.
- Connected: Having a good understanding of what others are doing locally, developing good working relationships, and complementing and adding value to other relevant activities in the area.
- Preference will be given to smaller groups who are working with those most vulnerable and disproportionately affected by the cost-of-living crisis.
Funding can be used for costs associated with project delivery, such as staff salaries, training, volunteer expenses, equipment, premise, and overhead costs.
Applications can be submitted at any time between early October 2022 and early 2023.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)