Magic Little Grants Fund Returns for 2022
Small local charities and community groups can apply now for small grants to support community projects in Great Britain that address a number of different themes.
LocalGiving has launched its annual Magic Little Grants scheme for the fifth year in a row with more money than last year. With support from the six funding trusts from the People’s Postcode Lottery, it is expected that 2,650 charitable organisations will receive a grant of £500 each.
To be eligible, organisations must have an annual income under £250,000 or be in their first year of operation and operate within England, Scotland or Wales.
This year’s funding aims to support projects that address the following themes:
- Improving mental wellbeing.
- Enabling community participation in the arts.
- Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty.
- Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality.
- Improving biodiversity and green spaces.
- Enabling participation in physical activity.
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability.
- Increasing community access to outdoor space.
Funding can be used to launch new projects, support existing ones, or cover core costs associated with ongoing work.
Applications will be accepted from 16 March to 31 October 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)