Launch of UK Seafood Fund: Infrastructure Scheme
Grants are available for businesses involved in fishing, processing or aquaculture with the aim of strengthening the seafood supply chain through infrastructure projects.
The UK Seafood Fund: Infrastructure Scheme has been set up to fund projects that build capability across the UK seafood sector supply chain.
Grants are available through a competitive process. Up to £65 million in grant funding is available. Each successful applicant will be awarded a minimum of £250,000 and maximum of £5 million.
The scheme will fund projects that will improve:
- Designated landing sites and ports, to allow a greater proportion of the UK fleet to land produce.
- Processing and aquaculture systems and facilities.
- The use of renewable energy.
- The social and economic welfare of coastal communities.
Applicants can apply for funding if they are involved in fishing, processing or aquaculture and are:
- A public body (including trust ports, local authority ports and public charities).
- A private small to medium-sized enterprise (SME).
- A private non-SME.
- A fisherman’s association.
- A private trust and foundation.
- A trade association.
- An officially recognised producer organisation.
Round one is open for applications until 24 May 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)