International Opportunities Fund Invites Applications from Wales Creative Professionals and Arts Organisations
Applications are invited from Wales-based artists and organisations for the development of collaborative projects.
Funding is available to professional artists and arts organisations in Wales for support with overseas visits aimed at the development of international works (both within and outside of Wales) and the presentation and delivery of artistic work outside Wales.
In view of international travel restrictions and uncertainties relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, the fund will primarily support the development of projects using digital platforms and tools.
Applications will be accepted from informal or formal artist collectives and from arts organisations supporting a number of individual creative professionals from Wales through their proposed project.
A single Wales-based partner is required to be the named applicant who will take financial and reporting responsibility should an award be made.
Priority will be given to:
- The development and testing of new ideas and ways of working in collaboration with an international partner(s), with a view to longer term and mutually beneficial international partnerships.
- International exchange which shares learning, connections and experience for mutual benefit.
- Increased participation in international networks or events, both formal and informal.
Additionally, the March 2022 funding round will give priority to:
- Activity that contributes to the outcomes detailed above that begins before 31 July 2022. For activity that commences after 31 July 2022, there will be an opportunity to apply to the International Opportunities Fund when it reopens in April 2022.
- Activity that contributes to the outcomes detailed above and develops connections with a partner based in Canada, taking place between April 2022 and March 2023.
- Activity that contributes to the outcomes detailed above and develops connections with a partner based in France, taking place between April 2022 and March 2023.
The total budget available for the fund is £50,000 per round.
The maximum amount of funding available per project is £5,000.
The deadline for applications is 15 March 2022 (17:00 BST).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)