Hubbub Foundation Accepting Applications for Community Fridges
Funding to support community initiatives which minimise food waste across the UK.
A partnership between Hubbub and the Co-operative, the Community Fridge programme has reopened for autumn 2022 applications.
The fund is open to UK not-for-profit groups with their own bank account, providing they:
- Are setting up a new Community Fridge which has not yet opened.
- Establish the Community Fridge within six months and have intentions to sustain the project for at least three years.
- Supporting applications in regions with a sparsity of Community Fridges (a map can be found on the Hubbub Foundation website).
- Supporting groups in areas with high levels of multiple deprivation.
- Ensuring a fair and inclusive application process with equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of background, culture or race.
Each successful applicant will receive £3,000 to cover the initial costs of setting up the fridge, and a further £1,000 one year after opening.
The deadline to apply is 30 October 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)