Funding to Promote Cycling and Improve Cycling Facilities Across Scotland
Groups across Scotland can apply for funding for projects that increase local cycling opportunities, install new or improve existing cycling facilities, and address the cycling needs of their community.
Cycling Scotland is offering grants of between £2,500 and £20,000 for community groups across Scotland to support projects which improve cycling facilities and promote cycling for a community and increase access to bikes and opportunities to cycle. The Cycle Friendly Community Development Fund will support communities across Scotland to take a leading role in increasing the number of people who cycle locally.
Examples of eligible expenditure would include:
- Repurposing hardstanding areas for installation of new parking and/or secure cycle storage.
- Enhancements to existing cycle parking and storage to increase capacity and/or security.
- The installation or refurbishment of shower or changing facilities, lockers, storage, or drying facilities for clothes or cycling gear.
- Pool bikes and pool bike accessories.
- Procurement of bicycles for communities/schools/campus to improve the local community and student access to bikes.
- Bikes for staff (health and social care organisations only).
- Bike maintenance equipment for bike hubs, such as pumps, work stands, tools (but not consumables), and public repair stands.
Funding is primarily for capital costs, however, proposals for complementary activities to support behaviour change may be considered where there is a direct link to capital elements, such as bike maintenance training in conjunction with the procurement of maintenance equipment.
The deadline for applications is 23 May 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)