Funding to Improve Resilience of Northern Ireland’s Outdoor Spaces
A new programme will open for applications on 1 November 2021.
A £500,000 funding programme opening in November will make available grants to voluntary and community organisations in Northern Ireland for projects to create more sustainable and resilient outdoor spaces.
The programme offers small-scale capital grants to support local communities by enabling projects and activities including:
- Community gardens.
- Pocket parks and forests.
- Rain gardens.
- Green roofs.
- Ponds and living walls or vertical gardens.
- Installation of outdoor furniture or features to encourage usage.
- Measures to encourage walking, wheeling and cycling.
Eligible costs include:
- Land and building costs (ie the costs of creating pathways, installation of vertical garden structures, developing a green roof etc).
- Equipment and materials (ie trees, plants, seeds, pots, tools, furniture etc).
The fund will award grants of £1,000 to £10,000 and it is expected that approximately 80 awards will be made in total.
The programme will open to applications on 1 November 2021 and close to applications on 17 December 2021 (5pm).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)