Funding to Address Climate Change in Local Communities Across Wales
Grants for UK-based not-for-profit organisations to support projects in Wales that address climate change in local communities and help people live in a more sustainable way.
The National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF) has launched its new £3 million Sustainable Steps Wales: Action Grants scheme.
Grants of between £10,001 and £350,000 are available for projects of up to five years.
It is expected that around 10 to 20 projects will be funded across Wales.
Projects need to deliver the following three priorities:
- Support more people to take action on climate change.
- Reduce the impact on the climate.
- Share what has been learnt with others.
NLCF wants to encourage diverse communities to engage with climate change in ways that are important to those communities, and which make a lasting impact on the way people behave.
The funding can be used to cover:
- Revenue costs which might include project staff salaries, volunteer expenses and learning and evaluation costs.
- Capital costs which might include buying, refurbishing or developing land and building or other construction-related works.
Projects delivered in Wales must be delivered in both Welsh and English.
There is a two-stage application process. The first stage is to fill out the expression of interest form.
The EOI deadline is 21 July 2022 (5pm).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)