Funding for Youth and Sports Groups in Scotland to Host Events during Festival Fortnight 2023
Youth groups, sports groups, and community organisations across Scotland can apply for funding to deliver events and activities that help to increase visibility, participation, and awareness around issues relating to LGBTIQ+ people in sports.
LEAP Scotland is offering grants of up to £500 for youth and sports organisations across Scotland to host events during Festival Fortnight (taking place between 17 June and 30 June 2023) that:
- Increase the visibility of LGBTIQ+ people in sports.
- Increase the participation of LGBTIQ+ people in sports.
- Raising awareness of LGBTIQ+ issues in sports.
- Raise awareness of wider equality and human rights issues in sports.
There are three tiers of funding available:
- Grants of up to £100 for youth groups.
- Grants of up to £250 for sport and community groups.
- Grants of up to £500 for sport and community groups running a national LGBTIQ+ open tournament with the premise that this will become an annual Festival Fortnight event.
Examples of activities that may be funded include open nights, sports days, challenge events, exhibitions, or tournaments, cultural events, such as a film night, play, or show, and health and wellbeing activities, such as exercise classes or meditation.
The deadline for applications is 27 April 2023.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)