Funding and specialist support are available for UK social entrepreneurs to help them develop as social leaders, and to start up or grow their idea for a social venture.
UnLtd, a charity that promotes social entrepreneurship in the United Kingdom, is inviting applications to its programme of funding and support for social entrepreneurs to help them nurture their social ventures and grow their impact.
Applications will be accepted from social entrepreneurs aged 16 and over who are living in the UK. To be eligible for support, the social entrepreneur must:
- Have identified a social issue and developed a business model that works to solve it
- Be committed to, and have a track record of, delivering local, regional or national social impact at scale
- Be experienced, ambitious and capable of growing their venture
- Have a realistic growth plan
- Be committed to working full-time in their social venture
The social venture must:
- Be at least one year old and ideally less than five years old
- Be dynamic and ready to grow to local, regional or national scale and have a logical and appropriate plan to deliver this
- Have a compelling performance to date and/or a logical and appropriate plan for rapid growth to reach local, regional or national scale
Not solely exist to secure investment in the year ahead
Target beneficiaries predominantly based in the UK
Grants of £500 to £5,000 are available to support start-up ventures, and grants of up to £15,000 to help established ventures grow and increase their impact.
The deadline for applications is 2 November 2021.