Funding for Transport Innovations to Support Ageing Population
Funding is available for businesses that have ideas to reimagine how transport options in the UK can better support a rapidly ageing population.
The Transport Pathfinder Innovation Programme invites innovators, businesses and entrepreneurs to propose transport solutions that are commercially viable, demonstrate creativity and innovation, and can be supported towards market by investment in good design.
The scheme is intended to address a pressing need for innovation and scalable approaches that can meet the increasing demand for multiple transport options that are safe, affordable, sustainable and desirable.
Up to four projects will be supported. Awardees will receive:
- Seed-funding of up to £120,000 to undertake design elements for projects and support to market them.
- Design management support and mentoring from a team of experts in design for healthy ageing.
- Access to existing research, insights into the healthy ageing marketplace, and peer-networking.
- Skills development and training opportunities.
- Support to run two research development sessions with end users.
Businesses, organisations, entrepreneurs and start-ups based in and operating in the UK may apply. Applicants operating in all sectors, and from all backgrounds are welcome, regardless of a track record in business or entrepreneurship. Applicants must have an idea that has the potential to positively impact transport for an ageing population at scale.
The deadline for applications is Monday 27 February 2023 (12:00 GMT).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)