Funding for Outdoor Play Opportunities for Children in Scotland
Registered charities can apply for funding to deliver outdoor community play opportunities for children, young people, and families across Scotland that promote mental health, physical health, and wellbeing.
Inspiring Scotland is offering grants of up to £15,000 for registered charities to provide outdoor play opportunities that enhance the lives of children, young people, families, and communities across Scotland. The Outdoor Play for Wellbeing Fund, provided by the Scottish Government, will enable charities to deliver outdoor play activities that support:
- The development of better and more opportunities to play outside, leading to improved physical health, mental health, and wellbeing.
- Families and communities to gain a deeper awareness of the benefits of outdoor play and connecting people and place.
- Increasing the perceived value and support of play opportunities for children and young people.
Funding is for costs associated with delivering outdoor community play sessions, including:
- Staffing of play sessions.
- Equipment, including outdoor clothing, outdoor shelters, etc.
- Materials and resources that help facilitate free play.
- Food and refreshments during sessions.
- Up to 10% of the project management costs.
Funding is for activities that are free and open access, in an area that is Scottish Indices of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) decile one or two, and in an outdoor setting in accordance with the Play Rangers model.
Applicants must demonstrate how children, young people, and families are included in the planning and development of their outdoor community play opportunity.
The deadline for applications is 3 May 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)