Funding Available to Support Rural Communities Across the UK
Charitable organisations working in the UK can apply for funding for projects and activities that benefit rural communities in the areas of education, research, social welfare, and poverty relief.
NFU Mutual Charitable Trust is offering grants of between £1,000 and £50,000 to charities and other not-for-profit organisations to deliver activities that support rural communities across the United Kingdom and deliver on one or more of the Trust’s main objectives:
- To advance the education of the public using research and dissemination of information concerning agriculture.
- To advance the education of young people within rural areas.
- To relieve poverty within rural areas.
- To promote the benefit and social welfare of inhabitants of rural communities by associating together with the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other organisations to advance education and leisure.
- To promote research into agricultural associated activities.
- To advance the education of the public using research and dissemination of information concerning insurance.
Priority will be given to larger initiatives that would have a significant impact on rural communities, as well as initiatives in the areas of education of young people in rural areas and relief of poverty within rural areas.
There are two rounds of funding in 2022.
The deadline for the first round of funding is 27 May 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)