Fifth Round of Youth Music Incubator Fund Opens for Applications
A national funding programme designed to support the creation of music career opportunities for young people aged 18-25 is accepting applications.
Funding is available to businesses, collectives and not-for-profits working in Great Britain’s music industries to help create sustainable, meaningful career opportunities for young people aged 18-25, especially those who are currently underrepresented in the sector.
Youth Music’s Incubator Fund is accepting applications from organisations that:
- Are based in the UK and operate in Scotland, England or Wales.
- Have a business bank account.
- Can provide a recent set of financial accounts.
- Have a legal status (ie registered with Companies House, Charity Commission, FCA or HMRC or have a constitution) – the following are all eligible:
- Sole traders.
- Unincorporated associations (voluntary group with a constitution).
- Registered charities.
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO).
- Company limited by guarantee.
- Company limited by share capital.
- Community Benefit Society.
- Collectives – if applying as a collective with no formal legal status, then another organisation can apply on its behalf as a ‘sponsor organisation’. This can be a member of the collective who is a registered sole trader, or another partner organisation.
Funding is to be used for projects that offer paid opportunities for 18-25s, and provide young people with the opportunity to develop their own projects. All participants should receive support from the organisation through incubation, training, mentoring, and networking.
Grants of between £5,000 and £30,000 are available for organisations.
Sole traders may apply for grants of between £5,000 and £15,000.
A maximum of £5,000 can be given to each 18-25 year old supported through any grant.
The deadline for applications to Round Five of the Incubator Fund is 2 December 2022 (17:00 GMT).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)