Environmental Improvement Funding for NI Community Groups
A funding programme designed to support community groups in Northern Ireland is accepting applications.
Funding is available to community groups in Northern Ireland for local projects that support environmentally focused actions and which contribute to the development of civic pride.
Funding is intended for purchase of equipment and items that enable volunteers and community groups to deliver practical environmental action in their locality.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Unconstituted groups.
- Volunteer, community groups and NGOs.
- All schools and third level education organisations.
- Youth groups.
- Sports clubs.
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Proposed projects must engage volunteers and community groups, and must meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Contribute to the development of civic pride within a community, with a focus on environmental improvement.
- Encourage actions and projects that enable Pollution Solutions, Biodiversity Recovery and Climate Action.
- Enhance the environmental management of a local area.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of communities while helping to improve and/or maintain public spaces.
- Improve the quality of the local environment by reducing littering and dog fouling through community action.
- Support environmentally focused actions that help support people impacted through reduced contact with society.
Grants of between £500 and £3,000 are available.
The deadline for applications is noon on 9 May 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)