Cycling Scotland Reopens Cycle Friendly Community Development Fund for 2023
Community organisations across Scotland can apply for funding for projects that increase local cycling opportunities, install new or improve existing cycling facilities, and address the cycling needs of their community.
Cycling Scotland is offering grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 for community groups across Scotland to support projects which improve cycling facilities and increase access to bikes and opportunities to cycle. The Cycle Friendly Community Development Fund will support communities across Scotland to take a leading role in increasing the number of people who cycle locally.
Examples of eligible expenditures include:
- Repurposing hardstanding areas for the installation of new parking and/or secure cycle storage.
- Enhancements to existing cycle parking and storage to increase capacity and/or security.
- The installation or refurbishment of shower or changing facilities, lockers, storage, or drying facilities for clothes or cycling gear.
- Pool bikes and pool bike accessories.
- Procurement of bicycles for communities/schools/campus to improve the local community and student access to bikes.
- Bikes for staff (health and social care organisations only).
- Bike maintenance equipment for bike hubs, such as pumps, work stands, tools (but not consumables), and public repair stands.
- Signage and other minor upgrades to cycle access routes.
Funding is primarily for capital improvements that seek to support the development and improvement of local cycling facilities. However, proposals for complementary activities to support behaviour change may be considered where there is a direct link to capital elements, such as bike maintenance training in conjunction with the procurement of maintenance equipment.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2023.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)