Church of Scotland Now Offering Winter Support Funding
Church of Scotland churches and groups of churches can apply for funding to support local communities through the upcoming winter cost-of-living crisis.
As part of their Small Grants Programme, the Church of Scotland is now offering Winter Support Grants for churches or groups of churches to help vulnerable people through the winter cost-of-living crisis.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available for projects such as:
- Working with members of the community to prepare and serve hot food over a given period.
- Providing a space where people can keep warm.
- Providing electrical charging points for medical equipment.
- Supplying additional warm clothing and blankets.
- Partnering with local organisations to provide advice on benefits and other support available.
- Offering additional assistance to projects operating under their auspices and directly relating to support for communities over the winter period.
- Additional activities that may be unique to a given situation and may include ways of helping people to keep warm when they return home.
Priority will be given to congregations which can demonstrate that they are working with the poorest communities and groups in their local areas.
There are two calls for applications for the Small Grants Programme in 2022.
The deadline for the second call is 30 November 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)