Funding for larger UK charities working to support vulnerable people and communities impacted by COVID-19, and to alleviate the associated social and economic hardship caused by the crisis.
Following on from its initial programme last year, in which Barclays awarded 100 grants of £100,000 each to UK registered charities, Barclays has extended the programme to make 50 grants of £100,000 available to UK registered charities with an income exceeding £1 million.
Barclays is seeking UK based charity partners who can show their work is positively impacting people in the UK communities where Barclays has a presence.
The funding is intended to support communities as they emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, with a focus on the following four priority areas:
- Help for people experiencing physical and mental health issues
- Financial assistance for people facing financial hardship
- Support for ethnically diverse communities disproportionately impacted by the crisis
- Enhancing digital accessibility
Applicants will need to:
Demonstrate a track record and ability to deliver impactful, on-the-ground support to directly meet the needs of vulnerable communities facing social and economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Articulate how funding from Barclays will be deployed to meaningfully support/boost their work
- Meet the immediate needs of vulnerable communities, in at least one of the four focus areas listed above
- Be able to use the funds within 12 months of receipt of the donation
- Demonstrate positive outcomes from their programmes through high-level impact metrics
- Effectively run the charity to ensure a sound financial position
Applications will be accepted from 12 July 2021 to 6 August 2021 (6pm).