Awards Programme for Outstanding NI Rural Community Projects Invites Applications
Applications are being invited by an annual awards programme that celebrates the work of rural community groups across Northern Ireland.
Financial prizes and award recognition are available to community groups who have delivered outstanding projects to improve health, wellbeing, and individual and community development for residents of rural Northern Ireland settlements.
The Rural Community Awards programme provided by the Northern Ireland Housing Executive is accepting applications from community groups, residents’ groups, voluntary groups or other groups having a constitution and acting in the interest of a rural settlement within Northern Ireland.
For the purpose of this awards programme, ‘rural’ settlements are defined as those with a population of less than 5,000.
There are three award types:
- The Rural Community Spirit Award is open to all community groups based in rural areas who work together to make their village or small settlement a better place to live.
- The Cleaner & Greener Rural Community Award seeks to reward and encourage those rural communities who have come together to protect and enhance their built and natural environment and to promote sustainability with their residents.
- The Community Champion Award is open to extraordinary individuals nominated by the rural community group they represent.
In 2023, the following awards will be made:
- A £1,000 prize will be awarded to each of the winners of the northern and southern Rural Community Spirit and Cleaner & Greener Rural Community awards.
- Each winning individual of the northern and southern Rural Community Champion Awards receives a plaque, together with a £500 donation to the community group associated with their work.
The prize money awarded to winning groups is to be used to support and extend activities or projects which benefit their local rural community.
The deadline for applications is 29 September 2023 (4pm).
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)