Association of Independent Museums (AIM) Arts Scholars Brighter Day Grant
Closing Date: 08/12/2023
Funding for museums to support education, training, curation, and exhibition projects that address collections care and sustainability of historic and decorative arts collections.
This fund will support museums to achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- Carrying out collections surveys and cataloguing to establish priority areas of collections care.
- Conservation of artefacts within the collection. This can include paper archives, paintings, archaeology, textiles, jewellery, ceramics etc. This may refer to physical work to the items or digitisation of an archive to avoid future wear and tear to the collection.
- Improvement of galleries or storage areas that will enable collections to be held in appropriate conditions.
- Skills sharing and upskilling of museum staff and volunteer teams with an emphasis on upskilling which leaves a legacy in the organisation.
- Creating training opportunities for people from backgrounds under-represented in museums, for example non-university or from a culturally diverse background.
- In the current economic circumstances, to support organisational sustainability through back of house and collections care projects.