Armed Forces Covenant Trust Announces NAAFI Fund 2022 Round
Funding for UK and overseas projects which improve the quality of life of serving personnel and their families.
The NAAFI Fund comes from funding made available by the Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes (NAAFI), an official trading organisation of HM Forces, providing catering, retail, leisure and facilities management services to the British Armed Forces.
This year, there are two streams of grant funding available:
- Tier 1: £5,000 to £20,000.
- Tier 2: £25,000 to £50,000. It is likely that the amount of grants awarded in this range will be limited.
Only British Armed Forces can apply, including all three services. Applications are welcome from units based in the UK and overseas.
Although charities and other organisations cannot apply for this programme, an Armed Forces base could choose to work with a charity or other local organisation as part of their project.
The types of projects that the NAAFI Fund may support in 2022/23 might be:
- Providing equipment for projects that encourage serving personnel and families to be more active.
- Refurbishing or enhancing communal spaces, for example creating games rooms with pool tables or electronic gaming equipment. that could be used as a recreational space by serving personnel in single living accommodation.
- Creating indoor or outdoor spaces that encourage people to socialise on the unit.
- Providing or improving play areas and equipment for children from Armed Forces families.
- Providing a bank of mountain bikes that can be loaned out for serving personnel and families to explore the local countryside.
The people who benefit from the grant must be serving members of HM Armed Forces, or their families, living on or near a base or station.
The deadline to submit a 50-word project summary is 25 May 2022.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)