2022 Deadlines Announced for Landfill Communities Fund in England
Applications are being accepted for community, biodiversity and heritage projects in local communities within the vicinity of a Viridor site in England.
Viridor Credits Environmental Company is offering grants of up to £100,000 for constituted, not-for-profit organisations for projects that enhance the environment of communities living in the vicinity of landfill sites that are accepting waste. Projects should fall under the following ENTRUST objectives:
- Object D (Community) – The protection of the environment; the provision, maintenance or improvement of public amenities and parks, which are open and accessible to the public.
- Object Da (Biodiversity) – The protection of the environment; the enhancement, protection and/or promotion of biological diversity of a species or habitat.
- Object E (Heritage) – The protection of the environment; the maintenance, repair or restoration of a building or structure that is of historic or architectural interest, and which is open and accessible to the public.
There are two tiers of funding available:
- Main grants of up to £50,000.
- Large grants of between £50,001 and £100,000.
Funding is for capital costs only. Projects must be site-specific and located within 10 miles of a Viridor site in England.
The deadlines for applications in 2022 are 31 January, 30 April, 31 July and 31 October.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)