UK Telecoms Innovation Network (UKTIN) Competition
Closing Date: 20/05/2022
Support is available for innovative new UK companies and the wider telecoms ecosystem to access and navigate R&D funding and facilities.
Through the UK Telecoms Innovation Network (UKTIN) Competition, funding is being provided to set up and deliver a body to support innovative new companies and the wider telecoms ecosystem to access and navigate R&D funding and facilities. The funds will also provide applicants with the requisite technical support to grow their businesses and develop their products and solutions.
This competition fulfils ambitions set out in the Government’s 5G Supply Chain Diversification Strategy, as well as the recommendations made by the Telecoms Diversification Taskforce.
The high-level objectives for the UKTIN, in respect of diversification of the telecoms supply chain and boosting the wider telecoms ecosystem, are:
- Until March 2024: UKTIN will make the UK telecoms R&D and innovation landscape easier to navigate in order to broaden and accelerate market deployment. This should include easing the path to successful entry for new suppliers into the UK’s telecoms innovation landscape.
- Until March 2025: UKTIN will enable the best use of public and private investment in R&D in line with the government’s objectives: this should enable knowledge to be shared more readily across industry, to create the right partnerships and minimise unnecessary duplication.
- Until March 2025: UKTIN will engage and support all organisations participating in the open networks R&D programme to ensure their activities align and inform the government telecoms and R&D policy goals, including maximising the collective benefit of government investment in telecoms R&D.
- Until March 2025: UKTIN will drive the telecoms ecosystem so that it has strengthened UK capability through aligning R&D to support advanced networking technology, creating a pro-investment environment.
Applicants should ensure that their applications encompass the technologies and supporting ecosystems of the following areas:
- Wireless Infrastructure inc. Advanced Open Network Technologies
- Satellite Communications
- System Integration
- Fibre / Fixed
- Network Security
- Network Management (eg OSS/BSS)
- Data / Cloud Infrastructure
|Funding body||Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)|
Research & Development
Transport, Infrastructure & Communications (ICT)
|Fund or call||Fund|