Museums Galleries Scotland – Community Stories Fund
Closing Date: 01/10/2021
Grants are available for not-for-profit organisations and community groups to take part in Scotland’s Year of Stories 2022.
The aim of this fund is to support organisations and community groups across Scotland to take part in Scotland’s Year of Stories 2022. This will build upon the success of previous themed years, encouraging locals and visitors to experience a diverse array of voices whilst contributing to community wellbeing in the context of COVID-19 recovery.
The themes of Scotland’s Year of Stories 2022 are:
- Iconic Stories and Storytellers
- Across literature, screen, and entertainment, YS22 will celebrate and showcase Scotland’s wealth of treasured and iconic stories and storytellers from classics to the contemporary.
- New Stories
- YS22 will shine a light on emerging, fresh, and forward-looking talent and highlight the innovators that break boundaries across all forms of storytelling.
- Scotland’s People and Places
- YS22 will promote how Scotland’s diverse culture, languages, landscapes, and ways of life, urban and rural, provide a source for all types and forms of stories, encouraging visitors and audiences to find out more.
- Local Tales and Legends
- Every community has its distinct tales to tell, stories of now and those passed through the generations. These are the stories we tell ourselves and share with others to make sense of time and place.
- Inspired by Nature
- Stories that connect us to the natural world can help create a more sustainable future for Scotland, and a greener planet.
||Arts, Culture & Heritage
Sport, Tourism & Leisure
|Fund or call