IUK Design Foundations Competition – July 2022
Closing Date: 31/08/2022
UK registered organisations can apply for grants for early-stage, people and planet centred design projects to influence their future R&D activity.
Through the Design Foundations Competition, Innovate UK aims to help businesses develop new ideas that will deliver benefits for people and the planet, aligned with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. These can be for new or significantly improved products, services, places or business models.
The competition is intended to help businesses gain experience of working with design processes and expertise. Projects must generate new ideas or test and improve the customer experience, social and environmental benefits of existing, early-stage ideas.
Projects must focus on one or more of the following UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, which are:
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and wellbeing
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequality
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals