Grants to support families and individuals for essential personal and household needs to assist families and individuals with low incomes, particularly those living on benefits.
Family Action was established in 1869 and aims to strengthen families and communities, build skills and resilience, and improve the life chances of those involved. Family Action aims to support families during times of hardship to enable them to become stronger, happier and healthier.
Grant applicants must fall into one or more of the following priority areas:
- Older people: to promote independence and improve the quality of life and isolation for those aged 60 and over.
- Disability or sickness: for disability aids in the home or items required to allow discharge from hospital to home that cannot be provided by NHS or social care.
Greater London only:
- Mental health: for adults (over 18 years old) with a clinical diagnosis of a mental health problem.
- Domestic abuse: for those who have recently experienced domestic abuse.
- Holidays for women living in Greater London: for a recuperative holiday to recover health or strength after a physical or mental illness.
Objectives of Fund
Family Action aims to support families during times of hardship to enable them to become stronger, happier and healthier.