Veolia Environmental Trust offers grants of between £10,000 and £75,000 for capital improvement projects at a single site with discrete start and end dates. Match funding of at least 10% is required. Successful applicants will need to pay 10% of the awarded amount to the landfill operator from a third party contributor.
Projects should fall under one of the following categories:
- Community buildings and rooms, including community centres, village halls, community spaces within religious buildings, and Scout or Girl Guiding buildings.
- Outdoor Spaces, including public parks, nature reserves, community gardens, footpaths, bridleways and cycle-paths.
- Play and recreation, including play areas, skateparks, Multi Use Games Areas, sports grounds, pavilions and changing rooms.
- Biodiversity projects - applications from registered Environmental Bodies with projects that meet ENTRUST requirements
To be eligible, projects must:
- Be open to the wider general public for at least 104 days a year without any limit or unreasonable restrictions of use.
- Have a total cost of under £250,000, including VAT and professional costs.
- Have already secured at least 10% of the total cost.
- Have secured all permissions (eg, planning).
- Be completed within 12 months.
Constituted not-for-profit organisations can apply as long as their project is located within five miles of a Veolia Environmental Services facility. This could be a landfill site, Energy Recovery Facility or Materials Recycling Facility.
There is no deadline for starting the process of applying for a grant; however, each funding application phase for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 is made available quarterly following the end of the previous phase.
There are four funding rounds each year.
The next phase for Stage 1 applications is 1 March 2019 and 30 May 2019 for projects taking place between 18 September 2019 and 6 January 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.