The Varsity Pitch Competition rewards UK students and recent graduate entrepreneurs who have enterprising ideas that they wish to turn into viable businesses; enabling participants to showcase their unique, creative ideas to the wider community.
The business/idea must be the entrants’ own idea and/or an idea that they are free to disclose. Additionally, entrants must be able to own and run a business or social enterprise in the UK and be at least 16 years of age.
The award categories are as follows:
- TATA Disruptive Business - for businesses where the product or service is making improvements to the market in unexpected ways.
- TATA Social Impact - for businesses that are ethically conscious.
- Genuine Innovation - for those who can demonstrate unique ideas and ways of doing things.
- Creative & Design - for those who are involved in the creative industries.
- Digital and Technical - to support digital business ideas such as apps, hardware or online products.
- Ideas - for those with a brand new idea that has the potential to be the next "big thing".
Entrants must be either a current student at a UK university or college or an individual who has graduated after 2014.
Category semi-finals will take place later in the year, with businesses from each category being chosen to present a two minute pitch to a panel of mentors. The final will take place during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November and the winner will receive £15,000 for their start-up.
The next deadline for applications to be received is 27 September 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.