Set up and managed by the PRS Foundation in partnership with YouTube Music, Beggars Group and the Black Music Coalition, the Power Up initiative has been launched to bring together music industry partners across all sectors to accelerate change and remove barriers for Black music creators and industry professionals.
From 2021, each year the programme will support:
- 20 x Black music creators
- Artists, songwriters, composers and producers who are involved in the creative process and may be working in any genre, based anywhere in the UK.
- 20 x Black executives and industry professionals
- Industry professionals working in any sector of the music industry, anywhere in the UK. This includes employees and entrepreneurs, freelancers and self-employed professionals.
Programme participants receive the following benefits:
- Grant support of up to £15,000.
- Capacity building and mentoring.
- Access to partners.
- Marketing support.
- Taking part in the Power Up network.
The deadline for applications for the first Power Up programme is 10 March 2021 (18:00 GMT).
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.