The Culture Recovery Fund is provided by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and administered by Arts Council England. The fund is part of the Government's £1.57 billion package to protect the UK's culture and heritage sectors from the economic impact of COVID-19.
The second funding round of the Culture Recovery Fund: Grants programme seeks to support cultural organisations as they transition back to a viable and sustainable operating model during April-June 2021. A total of up to £250 million will be awarded in grants.
Applications will be accepted from arts and cultural organisations in England, including charitable and non-profit organisations as well as private organisations and commercial for-profit ventures.
The lead applicant should be properly constituted as an organisation and able to provide at least two years' independently certified or audited financial statements.
The types of organisations that are eligible to apply include:
- Limited companies registered at Companies House.
- Community Interest Companies (CICs) registered with the CIC regulator.
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs) registered with the Charity Commission.
- Charitable companies or charitable trusts registered with the Charity Commission.
- Limited liability partnerships registered at Companies House.
- Partnerships established under a partnership deed/ agreement.
- Community benefit societies regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Royal Charter bodies.
- Statutory bodies and other public bodies including universities and museums who run or maintain cultural services.
- Heritage organisations with a museum with either Accredited or working towards Accreditation status.
Grants of between £25,000 and £3 million are available.
The deadline for applications is noon on 26 January 2021.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.