The £10 million fund is open once again for applications after being paused since May due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
Multi-sector, multi-organisation partnerships led by a well-placed third sector organisation can apply. Partnerships and applications need to cover one or more local authority areas in Wales and include the relevant local authority or authorities.
The total budget of the Fund is £10 million which will be distributed in two phases:
- Phase 1 - Initially partnerships can apply for Development grants of up to £50,000 to be used for building links between statutory and third sector services, involving service users in the project design and developing a project plan. Development grants are for revenue costs only and must be spent within five months
- Phase 2 - Those partnerships that are successful during Phase One can then submit an application for Full Project grants (there is no maximum grant size) that will be provided for between five and seven years to support longer-term approaches and promote service redesign. It is expected that these will be mainly revenue grants with some capital costs permitted.
There will be three digital support events. Organisations should book a space for each local authority area they wish to work in. The events will be held on:
- 3 November - for organisations looking to form a partnership in Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, and/or Wrexham.
- 4 November - for organisations looking to form a partnership in Powys, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, and/or Bridgend.
- 5 November - for organisations looking to form a partnership in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr Tydfil, Caerphilly, Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, Monmouthshire, Newport, Cardiff, and/or The Vale of Glamorgan.
Organisations that are interested in becoming part of a partnership and applying for funding should get in touch with the National Lottery Community Fund as soon as possible.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 21 January 2021 (12 noon).
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.