After a break of several months, the Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales have relaunched their grants programme with a ‘simpler, more flexible and transparent approach’ to help smaller charities be stronger and more effective.
The new approach is as follows:
- A continuously open application process, rather than in rounds, so that charities can apply for support whenever they are ready.
- Clearer turnaround times for when a decision on funding will be made from the initial application.
- Grants worth up to £45,000 and £100,000 available over three years (with the possibility of continuing to six years) that can be used entirely for core costs, with charities able to flex how much they spend each year.
- An eligibility checker which takes less than five minutes to complete will indicate whether the applicant is currently able to apply for support, and if so, for how much.
- Support from the Foundation’s regional managers and access to the Foundation’s ‘Enhance’ organisational development programme, helping charities to become more resilient and sustainable.
The Foundation’s eligibility criteria now enable it to respond where need is greatest by analysing the number of eligible small and medium-sized charities in a given area, specific local needs and the size of the Foundation’s current investment in each issue and region.
Charities with an income of between £25,000 and £1 million that work across England and Wales tackling complex social issues such as mental health, homelessness, domestic abuse, addiction and dependency, and young parents and who have a proven track record of helping people achieve positive change in their local communities can apply.
Applications can now be made at any time, and groups can expect notification of an outcome in around five months.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.