The Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng) Ingenious Public Engagement awards are provided for projects that engage the public with engineering while providing engineers with skills and opportunities in public engagement.
The awards programme aims to:
- Inspire creative public engagement with engineering projects.
- Motivate engineers to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways to wider audiences; develop engineers’ communication and engagement skills.
- Raise awareness of the diversity, nature and impact of engineering among people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Provide opportunities for engineers to engage with members of the public from groups currently underrepresented in engineering.
Ingenious has funded a variety of projects ranging from after-school workshops to collaborations between artists and engineers to engage adults. All projects must involve engineers in the development or delivery of projects, enabling them to gain skills, knowledge and experience in public engagement.
Projects that include engineers who are new to public engagement are encouraged. Projects that reach diverse and underrepresented audiences including communities in the top 20% most deprived neighbourhoods in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and that engage with engineers and publics of different genders, ages and ethnic backgrounds are of particular interest.
Applications are welcome from UK based:
- Engineering organisations and institutions.
- Science and engineering communicators.
- Public engagement specialists.
Joint applications between engineers and organisations that specialise in communication and engagement with the public are welcomed.
Funding of between £3,000 and £30,000 is available.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 23 September 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.