The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) are administering funding through their grants programme which is likely to be offered on an annual basis for the duration of the current Information Commissioner’s, Elizabeth Denham’s, tenure (until 2021).
The third round of the fund is now open to applications.
The aim of the fund is to provide grants which will give practical research and policy a stronger voice in the evolution of Information Rights and help to achieve the strategic goals of the Information Rights Strategic Plan.
The objectives of the Grants Programme are to:
- Support and encourage research and privacy enhancing solutions in significant areas of data protection risk, focused on projects that will make a real difference to the UK public
- Increase awareness of privacy enhancing solutions with data controllers across the UK
- Improve understanding of how individuals view privacy issues, interactions with new technologies and promote better public awareness
- Promote uptake and application of research results by relevant stakeholders, including policy makers
- Develop existing privacy research capacity in academic and not-for-profit sectors.
Applications will be accepted from UK and international organisations including academic institutions, civil society groups, trade and industry associations and organisations with a genuine commitment to public benefit outcomes.
Grants of between £20,000 and £100,000 are available.
The application deadline is 10 March 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.