In the last 16 years, the Wallace and Gromit Children's Charity has given more than £2 million in grants to 312 projects in 100 different hospitals and hospices. The funding has provided life-saving medical equipment, free family accommodation, a range of arts, music and play therapy programmes, sensory equipment and facilities and respite care.
Registered charities with charitable projects which enrich and improve the quality of life of sick children in hospitals or hospices in any area in the UK can apply. Preference is given to projects conceived by and in children’s hospitals and hospices.
Any project which seeks to improve the quality of life of sick children will be considered, for example:
- Arts, music, play and leisure programmes.
- Facilities to support families of children treated in hospitals or hospices.
- Welcoming and accessible environments.
- Care and facilities in hospices.
- Promoting education and information programmes.
- Supporting children with physical and emotional difficulties.
- Medical equipment (when it can be shown that funding is not available from statutory sources).
Preference will be given to children’s hospitals and hospices in regional centres around the UK which:
- Provide a regional geographic healthcare service to a wide range of children in a hospital/hospice.
- Will not discriminate on the grounds of wealth, race, sexuality, religion or disability.
- Agree to promote the work of the Charity in their area.
Funding is at the discretion of the Trustees.
Please note that the Charity has a long-standing relationship with a number of organisations to whom they are sympathetic and to whom priority consideration may be given.
The deadline for applications is 18 October 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.