The £6 million in funding will be distributed in the form of grants administered by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, backed by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and the Cabinet Office.
The Covid-19 Impact Programme is designed to provide short term funding for Armed Forces charities that have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The funding is intended for charities across the UK that work in nine key areas affected by the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Support to the elderly (including Care Homes)
- Mental and physical health
- Domestic violence
- Criminal justice system
- Service families (including childcare)
Grants of £60,000 are available. It is likely that a grant award would include the following costs:
- Staff time.
- Costs of delivering the service online or remotely as a result of Covid-19 restrictions.
- Reasonable overheads that reflect the cost to the organisation of delivering this service.
The funds should be for delivering services starting no later than 1 August 2020 and completing expenditure of their grant by 31 October 2020.
The deadline for applications is noon on 29 May 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.