A new £2 million Fund is now open for applications from third sector and private sector organisations in Scotland that deliver curricular relevant, residential outdoor learning opportunities for children and young people aged 3 to 18 years.
There will be two separate funding rounds with different criteria:
- The objective of Round One is to support residential outdoor education centres to manage financial losses until June 2021, the end of the academic year in Scotland.
- The objective of Round Two is to support educational outcomes by funding centre-employed staff to deliver outdoor learning with schools and other formal education settings during the remainder of the 2020/21 academic year.
During Round One grants will be awarded to support the following costs:
- Essential non-staff running costs.
- Staff costs integral to the continued operation of the centre as long as these costs cannot be met by other income streams.
- Staff costs associated with planning bids for Round Two of this Fund as long as these costs cannot be met by other income streams.
There is no specified minimum or maximum grant size.
Round One is now open for applications and the deadline is 1pm on 11 December 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.