The Dubai International Award for Best Practices was established in 1995 under the directive of late Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The triennial award is designed to reflect the Dubai Government's commitment to the sustainable development of human settlements and protection of the environment on the basis of mutual international cooperation.
The award recognises the world’s best practices that demonstrate valuable contributions to sustainable urban development as a result of effective partnerships between public, private, and civic sectors in the following areas:
- Urban development.
- Construction of sustainable, innovative, and smart buildings.
- Food security for human settlements.
- Improving the living environment, climate change, and pollution reduction.
- Designing and implementing infrastructure projects to improve living conditions.
Applicants can apply for more than one category but should not participate in more than one project per category, and the submitted project cannot be used in more than one category.
The Award is open to all sectors, including the following:
- National and regional governments.
- Local authorities and their associations.
- Non-governmental organisations.
- Multilateral agencies.
- Community based organisations.
- Research and academic institutions.
- Public and private foundations.
- Media entities.
The winner of each category will receive a prize worth $200,000 and will be recognised at an award ceremony at Expo 2020 Dubai over 23-25 November 2020.
Applications can be submitted online until the 30 June 2020 deadline.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.